MEVO & The Grooveriders
- #: 2622
- Price: $0.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Games
- Updated: 2009-07-30
- Current Version: 1.2
- Size: 39.60 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Red Rocket Games, Inc
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 2.2 or later
- © 2009 Red Rocket Games, Inc.™
Add to Favorite apps
Nominated 'BEST MUSIC GAME' for the iPhone in the TOUCHGEN AWARDS 2009 and received honorable mentions in AppAddict's Best of 2009!TouchArcade advises: “simply get it now.” Get your GROOVE ON with MEVO & The Grooveriders!So what is…..
What's New in Version 1.2
-One-of-a-kind Rhythm Gameplay
-Fantastic Landscapes to explore
-Multiple levels with more to come each month
-Three difficulty levels to test yourself against
-Power Ups to play with
-Local and Online Global High Scores
Rated 2/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Awesome Music Platformer! Wife enjoyed it a lot! But the game is too short!
Jerrico Balbona write:
The game is about a band that has most of its members captured by a character who doesn't like their music. You play Mevo - a single eyed dancing character who will travel through stages in order to free his friends. The goal is to press either the left or right on-screen arrows as your Mevo avatar passes by the notes. It's very similar in concept to Tap Tap Revenge/Guitar Hero/Dance Dance Revolution/Rock Band, with the difference that each song is played on a 2D side-scrolling level.
- Successfully integrated 2D horizontal platforming and the music tapping genre
- Highly infectious electonic, upbeat and funky tunes
- Addictive, challenging gameplay
- power-ups keeps your groove going
- 3 difficulty levels helps extend replayability
- customizable avatars
- right price for the current amount of content
- 5 stages only, game could be over in 2hours
- music isn't as polished as with other games in the music genre
- minimal delay when you hit a note and when it registers the tune, you have to clear your iphone's memory to avoid slowdowns
- Level design could be better
Steves dead liver write:
Gets repetitive very quickly. Lots of loading screens, frame rate could be better in some parts.
No, no, no...
Debra Stewart write:
I regret buying this. It's just way too boring. It needs to be at least 5 times as difficult and about ten times as long. The whole "platforming" thing is a joke- it's more annoying than entertaining. The music is terrible and far from catchy. Don't get me wrong; I normally love music games, but even tap-tap and World of Tunes do a better job. I bought this game due to the good reviews and am very disappointed. It's not worth anyone's time, and I'm really hoping for an update that completely overhauls the crap they have so far.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes